Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

[26/265] White Sand. Clear Blue Sea. Blue Skies.

IMG_1416
I know people who go on these hot holidays with the white sand, clear blue sea, and blue skies always come back raving about how wonderful it was, but I'd never really understood... until now. It's so nice to have the sun beaming down on you with the ocean breeze cooling you off, especially when it's a less than 5 minute walk from your room. This said however, it takes me forever to tan and I really didn't get that dark by the end of the trip. I'm still translucent enough to see the veins in my arms.

IMG_1650
The plan was to snorkel with sea turtles in Akumal Bay in the afternoon, but by the time we wanted to take the 2 hour trip, we would arrive way too late in the day to see any. Instead, we took the ferry to Isla Mujeres.

IMG_1740
First on the list of things to do when we got to the island though, was to fill our bellies. What better to start off with than fresh coconuts? We also had a seafood platter filled with grilled octopus, lobster, and shrimp.

IMG_1255 
It was my first time snorkelling and I loved it! It was amazing swimming amongst the fish and coral. Sister Bear 1 and lent me a soft waterproof case for the trip so I could take some underwater photos. Next hot holiday, I am definitely buying a hard case so I could take advantage of all the settings on my camera.

IMG_1274

2 comments:

  1. Amazing shots! Especially the one with the coral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that old man seems scary with his machite

    ReplyDelete