Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

[47/365] sweet tooth

IMG_3572
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I saw this recipe because of the corn flakes in it. I've only had corn flakes as a cereal or as a breading, but never in a dessert. Also, when I was thinking truffles, I was thinking more along the lines of a cake like ball like rum balls. These proved to be pretty addictive with their chocolatey goodness and slight crunch. See below for recipe.

IMG_3573 IMG_3574

IMG_3582

IMG_3581

Nutella Truffles (yield: 2 dozen truffles of approximately 1 inch diameter balls)

Ingredients
8 tbsp nutella
24 mini chocolate chip cookies, crushed 
2.5 cups corn flakes, crushed
2 tsp butter
cocoa powder for rolling


Directions

In a microwave-able glass bowl, take nutella and butter and melt it for 1 and ½ minutes to 2 minutes. Add crushed cookies and corn flakes to it and mix well.

Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to cool. Make desired sized balls and arrange in grease paper.
Roll in cocoa powder to coat it well.

Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.



Adapted recipe from Rak's Kitchen.



IMG_3597

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your shots! Especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, these sound so yumm! I'm going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound yummy to me but in the directions it says to add the crushed biscuits. I don't want to miss a thing in this recipe. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind. lol. I get it now... Yum. Cookies are biscuits. lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bringing this up, I've changed it in the recipe so it's more clear :)

      Delete
  5. these LOOK super addictive.. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nutella is one of those magic ingredients that makes me think the universe is conspiring to make us gain weight. These look amazing.

    ReplyDelete