Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

[6/365] vaccine

IMG_0249
Oat and  I are hoping to go to Mexico in a sort of last minute trip in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness the hepatitis A vaccine provides protection in approximately two weeks, but I still felt rushed to get it. I finally got the prescription after a long wait in the walk-in and the doc even gave me both doses to be given a week apart instead of the normal six months apart because I was leaving so soon. After the prescription was filled, I wasn't going to wait another hour or two for the doctor to give me the injection--well that and I was too cheap to pay for something that was so easy of a task. I considered going to work to get one of the other nurses to administer it, but I knew it was a busy day at work so decided against it. I asked RyBread if he'd do it for me if I showed him how. I was confident that he'd do a good job (perhaps more confident than he felt himself).

IMG_0253

RyBread is the kind of patient that usually looks away when he gets a needle...

IMG_0255

But he was a trooper and went through with it! 

1 comments:

  1. I'm the type of person who hates needles too. Good for Rybread for doing it though, I'm pretty impressed!

    ReplyDelete