Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

[1/365] new year and a farewell

So here we go again. A new year, a new start... to 365. Hopefully I'll make it through all the way this time! Taking a  photo a day sounds easier than you may think! While I was doing this, I thought I'd try Blogger this time, hey, why not, right?

I cannot even believe that it is 2012 already. 2011 went by in a flash! It was one of the best years yet! I got to travel a lot more than ever (although still not as much as I'd like), I have learned a lot more about photography (and got a few lenses along the way!), I made more time for my creative side with scrapbooking, card-making, and trying to accomplish my 23 list, best of all, I've become closer with the people in my life and made some new friends too.

There are so many things I want to do this year I don't even know where to begin! Actually, it'll begin in my bed--I definitely need to catch up on sleep! Between holiday festivities, work, and trying to fit everything else into my schedule, sleep has been put on the back burner.

IMG_0073
New years day was spent saying goodbye to the Chik. After a holiday filled with good times, she was going back to Amsterdam. We endured the harsh cold winter wind (compared to the mild December weather) and went to Joey's. 

After having the fish tacos at Luxalune this past summer, I had to try Baja Fish Tacos that everyone raves about. They were good, but definitely not as tasty as the Luxalune ones. My mouth waters just thinking about the fresh lime and cilantro goodness.

I'm sad that the Chik was leaving, but visiting her in Amsterdam is on my list of places to go this year. I'm excited to do all the things I have planned for 2012!


Cheers to the new year!

2 comments:

  1. Yaay! You're right 2011 was an awesome year, but I have a feeling with all the new friends (and new lenses), that 2012 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luxalune soon? I want to try these famous fish tacos.

    ReplyDelete